"God's Gift to the World"


Cute Baby Pictures Graphics and Scraps

Cute Baby Pictures Graphics and Scraps

Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Most Amazing Personality

Helen Keller

How is it possible that a woman who was blind
and deaf from the age of 1 1/2 can be so full
of encouragement and love of life? How is it
that we who don't suffer her afflictions don't see
life in as positive a light as she did? Her beautiful words and motivational perspective are hard
to match, and her love of life shines as a model
for us all. If I can feel half as positive about
life as her words speak, I'll be a very happy
person indeed. Thank you, Helen.

True happiness is not attained through self-gratification,
but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but my chief duty is to accomplish humble tasks
as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along,
not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes,
but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker".

"Knowledge is happiness, because to have knowledge--broad deep knowledge--
is to know true ends from false, and lofty things from low.
To know the thoughts and deeds that have marked man's progress
is to feel the great heart-throbs of humanity through the centuries;
and if one does not feel in these pulsations a heavenward striving,
one must indeed be deaf to the harmonies of life".

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits
in the presence of fate is strength undef eatable".

"The hands of those I meet are dumbly eloquent to me. I have met people so empty of joy
that when I clasped their frosty fingertips it seemed as if I were shaking hands
with a northeast storm. Others there are whose hands have sunbeams in them,
so that their grasp warms my heart. It may be only the clinging touch of a child's hand,
but there is as much potential sunshine in it for me as there is in a loving glance for others".

"I believe in the immortality of the soul because I have within me immortal longings".

"When one door of happiness closes another opens;
but often we look so long at the closed door
that we do not see the one which has been opened for us".

"I have walked with people whose eyes are full of light
but who see nothing in sea or sky, nothing in city streets, nothing in books.
It were far better to sail forever in the night of blindness with sense,
and feeling, and mind, than to be content with the mere act of seeing.
The only lightless dark is the night of darkness in ignorance and insensibility".


Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.
Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures,
but of the success that may come tomorrow.
You have set yourselves a difficult task,
but you will succeed if you persevere;
and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles.
Remember, no effort that we make
to attain something beautiful is ever lost.
"My friends have made the story of my life.
In a thousand ways they have turned my limitations
into beautiful privileges, and enabled me to walk
serene and happy in the shadow cast by my deprivation".

Being a Person is not Enough; just think!



No comments:

Post a Comment